About Northanger Abbey
- She had been forced into prudence in her youth, she learned romance as she grew older: the natural sequel of an unnatural beginning.
- Eight years ago, Anne Elliot was to marry Captain Frederick Wentworth before she was dissuaded by her family that he was not an appropriate man for her to marry because of his lack of standing and wealth.
- Now Frederick and Anne meet again.
- At the age of 27, Anne has never married and deeply regrets her decision years ago.
- Now Frederick intends on finding a bride, but it will not be Anne.
- For some reason, this book hit me much better. The story seemed more focused, the heroine more appealing.
- Perhaps because Anne’s mistakes were years ago and she has had time to reflect and regret and grow, We could understand what had led her to make a mistake and liked her better because of it.
- I would highly recommend this novel to loyal fans as well as new readers for an entertaining encounter with the classics!
Jane Austen Vintage Classics Series Sequence