About The Voynich Manuscript
- Voynich Manuscript is the world’s most mysterious book, which is Written in an unknown script by an unknown author.
- It was written in 15th century (1404–1438) as per carbon dated and rediscovered in 1912 by rare books dealer Wilfrid Voynich.
- Some of the pages are missing, with around 240 remaining.
- The text is written from left to right, and most of the pages have illustrations or diagrams.
- Some pages are foldable sheets.
- The book has been studied by many professional and amateur cryptographers, including American and British codebreakers. But No one has yet succeeded in decode the text.
- For the first time, Yale has reprinted the manuscript in full, in a gorgeous new edition coupled with scholarly essays on the book.
- Raymond Clemens is Curator of Early Books and Manuscripts at the Yale University’s Beinecke Rare Book & Manuscript Library and coauthor of Introduction to Manuscript Studies.
- Deborah Harkness is a historian of science, professor at the University of Southern California, and the author of the New York Times best-selling All Souls trilogy.